Changes to City Services due to Coronavirus
During the COVID-19 pandemic, all critical Youngstown City services will continue, with limited exceptions (see below).
Be sure to keep track of City meeting cancellations by consulting the City Meetings & Events Calendar .
Service Change Details
Youngstown City services will continue under the following conditions:
City Hall & Health Department
- Youngstown Water Department Customer Service will be open for all transactions, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. A maximum of five customers will be allowed in the lobby and masks are required for entry.
- The Youngstown Water Department has resumed standard collections procedures, which include disconnection for nonpayment.
- Any trash at the curb that is not bagged or in a City supplied trash cart or a personal trash cart will not be picked up.
- Vendor Invoices can be emailed directly to the Finance Department at VendorInvoice@youngstownohio.gov. In your email, please indicate if you will accept payment by purchasing credit card without a fee. This process will expedite receiving payment.
- The Vital Statistics Division of the Youngstown City Health District (Youngstown Municipal Court Building, 9 West Front Street) is open to the public Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- The Reproductive Health and Wellness Clinic at the Youngstown City Health District (Youngstown Municipal Court Building, 9 West Front Street) will be open Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Call (330) 743-3333 to schedule an appointment. Walk-Ins are welcome.
- All employees of the Youngstown Municipal Court and the general public who have been vaccinated shall not be required to wear a mask or face covering when working or conducting business at the Youngstown Municipal Court.
- All employees and members of the general public who have not been vaccinated will be required to wear a mask or facial covering when conducting business at the Youngstown Municipal Court.
- Social distancing shall continue to be expected by all persons at the Youngstown Municipal Court.
- The media/news hook will be available in the 1st floor outer lobby.
- If a police report is needed, please call the information desk at (330) 742-8926.
- If a towed vehicle release is needed, please call the Accident Investigation Unit: (330) 742-8946
- If you need a copy of a police report, please call the Record Room at (330) 742-8907 or (330) 742-8934
- When possible, police reports will be taken over the telephone. Copies of police reports will be emailed or mailed to the requestor.
- If you have any other questions, please call the police desk at (330) 742-8926.
- Fire inspections performed on any buildings, daycares, foster homes, etc. are temporarily suspended.
- If a fire report is needed or you have any other fire department related questions, please call the office of the main fire station at (330) 747-7403 ext. 0.